You may have heard about CBD lately. This cannabinoid is making its way into the market by leaps and bounds and has more and more followers, who rely on this substance to improve their health and general well-being. The market of CBD products is growing very fast and you can already find them in herbalist’s shops, parapharmacies or through the internet. More and more manufacturers of different CBD products, including CBD edibles, are trying to reach a wider audience.
With the wide variety of CBD products available, you may not be sure what to choose. There are oils, vape liquids, concentrates, edibles… it can be hard to decide where to start. To make your decision easier, we bring you this guide with everything you need to know about CBD oil and CBD edibles. So you can make the right choice between the most common options. But first, let’s explain what CBD is.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, better known as CBD, is one of the many substances present in the hemp plant, collectively known as cannabinoids. The most famous, for better or worse, is THC. This cannabinoid is known for the psychoactive and intoxicating effects it has on the user.
But CBD does not behave in the same way as THC and does not cause the same effects in the body. CBD is not intoxicating, so its consumption is safe and the user does not feel any alteration. Many people are starting to use CBD as a health supplement, as it is believed to help the body maintain homeostasis and improve overall well-being.
CBD oil: what is it?
CBD oil is the most popular supplement and also the pioneer among all these products. The oils are composed of CBD extracted from hemp and suspended in oil, which is usually hemp seed or coconut oil. Manufacturers typically extract various cannabinoisdes and terpenes from the plant, all of which are legal, and suspend them in the chosen oil. It appears that this option is more beneficial to health than consuming isolated CBD.
CBD oils are available in different intensities so consumers can choose the potency they desire. The amount of CBD in each bottle is specified on the packaging, and it is usually also made clear how many drops each unit contains (so you can calculate how many milligrams of CBD are in each drop) or how many milligrams each drop consists of. Most products include a pipette to make dosing easier.
Advantages of CBD oil:
- CBD oil is easy to ingest. It can be easily included in the daily routine.
- With this method, CBD is absorbed quickly and therefore it is more likely to reap the benefits of this substance.
- Since you can buy CBD oil in different strengths, you can choose the one that suits you best.
- Dosing is very simple because you know exactly how much CBD is in each drop.
Disadvantages of CBD oil:
- It is often said that the taste of CBD oil is not very pleasant, so it may not be something you enjoy too much, although it is true that the taste can be eliminated by drinking a glass of water a couple of minutes later.
- If the oil is suspended in coconut oil, you will be consuming saturated fats on a daily basis.
CBD edibles: what are they?
In the world of hemp, an edible is any product containing hemp that can be eaten. This term has moved into the CBD field, so it basically refers to edibles to which CBD has been added.
The great thing about edibles is that there is a wide variety. The candies that are sold through the internet are very popular among consumers. You can find all kinds of cravings, including CBD-infused marshmallows and CBD-infused chocolate, although the biggest seller is CBD-infused gummy bears.
You can make your own CBD edibles at home, and you can add it to just about anything. Making drinks with CBD oil is very simple, and as soon as you learn how to make butter with CBD you can make cakes or cook with it. You can add a few drops of CBD oil to any food, and the big advantage is that it is very easy to calculate the dosage.
Advantages of CBD edibles:
- CBD edibles are very good. As you can add it to any recipe, you are sure to find something you like.
- It’s a creative way to take CBD, especially if you make the recipe yourself.
- If you buy CBD edibles online, you will easily know how much CBD you are ingesting with each candy, so it is easy to know the dosages.
Disadvantages of CBD edibles:
- CBD takes longer to pass into the bloodstream when digested and the full amount may not be absorbed, so it’s less effective.
- If you love jelly beans, it’s probably not a good idea to buy a tube of gummy bears with CBD or you may eat them in one sitting.
- Making recipes with CBD can be fun, but the dosing is not very accurate and it is almost impossible to know how much CBD you are taking.
- Buying CBD edibles can be very expensive.
Take a look here to find out more cbd oil uk suppliers information.